IRC Section 179D energy tax deductions continue to provide opportunities and benefits for architecture and engineering (A&E) firms. Scott Duda, Leader of Cherry Bekaert’s Professional Services Industry practice, sat down with Ron Wainwright, a Partner in the Firm’s Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory practice, and Sean O’Leary, a Senior Tax Manager to discuss ways 179D can help provide A&E firms with a competitive advantage.
This podcast includes:
- An overview of 179D and its potential benefits
- Types of real estate investments eligible for 179D
- Technical requirements to meet the energy-efficient benefits
- Impact on A&E firms from 179D provisions for government-owned properties
- Client case study
- Issues and impact of the Audit Technique Outline on 179D
If you have any questions specific to your business needs, Cherry Bekaert’s Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory team is available to discuss your situation with you.
View all podcasts from this series