Thank you for your sweet comments and emails in response to Shea’s debut blog post. She knew about writing and posting but people writing back to her!? She’s mind-blown and can’t wait for a post 2.0. Too cute.
Her excitement over your comments and emails matched her excitement over breaking a board with a slice/chop (I think that’s the right term??) in Taekwondo Monday evening (last video in my “Happy” saved videos on Instagram). She didn’t show IMMEDIATE excitement during the class (totally played it cool), but she ran over to me after class SQUEALING with excitement!! She couldn’t wait to get home and show everyone the video (the video that I had already excitedly mass texted to all her biggest fans).
Other than Monday’s board breaking excitement, the week has been full of broken things…
I started the week without a car. It wouldn’t turn over on Sunday when I went to leave for hockey at 7:30pm. Mark and I did a little creative babysitter duo car pool so that he could get to his hockey game immediately following mine and we both came home together, while managing childcare. Cars are so great until they’re unreliable or not working, that’s for sure. P.S. Still not sure what happened but the tow truck driver got it started the next day and no issues since (??). Gunning the engine while cranking the ignition – I’d have never done it – don’t know a thing about cars!
That night, my hockey blade also officially broke. I knew my blade was loose, but it’s actually a miracle it didn’t fall out somehow. Which, of course, could have resulted in a serious injury. Near miss there.
What also broke this week? My favorite Pyrex. FORTUNATELY, I had moved these leftover enchiladas to a less attractive, yet more practical, storage Pyrex. However, Mark moved the dish from the fridge to the microwave and it shattered. Goodbye Pyrex and WORSE, goodbye leftovers with shards of glass. Total bummer.
The original recipe debuted in September of 2011 (and has, at times, nearly broken the internet with hits!) and is making a 2.0 appearance today. They’re new-ish and most definitely improved! With the whole glass shattering debacle, these have been requested sooner than 10 years from now – Mark said no less than a half dozen times how much he loved these! I mean, what’s NOT to love about them?! Enjoy!
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 12 oz skinless rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 8 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine enchilada sauce and buffalo sauce in a medium bowl; mix well. Pour 1/4 cup in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread over the surface of the bottom. Pour half the sauce into a small bowl and set aside.
- To the bowl larger bowl, add the shredded chicken and half the cheese; mix well.
- Put about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on one side of each tortilla and roll. Place prepared enchiladas seam side down into the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Pour the reserved sauce over the top of the enchiladas and lastly, sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with the gorgonzola, green onions, and cilantro. Serve hot.
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 276Total Fat: 11.1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 836mgCarbohydrates: 22.1gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 0.8gProtein: 21.8g
Love buffalo sauce? Us toooo! Here’s some recipes you ought to try!