Nothing beats undeterred enthusiasm for doing something you absolutely love doing. It’s crucial, however, to understand that working in a team often requires you take a role outside of your comfort zone. Even without scoring, for example, your selfless contributions elevate the performance of the team.
Chris Bosh is an NBA Hall of Famer, eleven-time All-Star, two-time NBA champion, Olympic gold medallist, and The League’s Global Ambassador. Chris joins me on the show to share the pivotal moments in his life and the seven pillars to achieving lasting success, which he’s detailed in his new book, Letters to a Young Athlete.
One of the most noteworthy takeaways of my conversation with Chris is the importance of developing exceptional team skills. The legendary basketball player bring the fire to help anyone in pursuit of excellence make their way through challenges at work and in life.
Do you want to learn how to visualize success before it materializes? What if you could sail through criticism to focus on your passion alone?
We also discuss:
- Learning to retrace your passion
- The analogy between sports and life in general
- The seven pillars to success – perseverance, teamwork, mental preparation, rising as a team, staying in the moment, doing work, and visualizing success.
- Dealing with real-world situations to follow your passion
- Treating others the way you would like to be treated
- What it takes to be the best in the world at something – learning to sacrifice
- Cultivating good reading habits for success
Listen to the Podcast
This podcast is brought to you by CreativeLive. CreativeLive is the world’s largest hub for online creative education in photo/video, art/design, music/audio, craft/maker, money/life and the ability to make a living in any of those disciplines. They are high quality, highly curated classes taught by the world’s top experts — Pulitzer, Oscar, Grammy Award winners, New York Times best selling authors and the best entrepreneurs of our times.