Every type of bra or lingerie piece has a purpose for which it is meant to be worn. You don’t have to follow the rule that one type of bra goes with everything. Explore the lingerie world and you will find that the variety is meant to benefit you. There has been an evolution of bras since they were first made. Now you can get a bra for each type of need that you have. From activewear to casual wear, you have something to choose from.
Sports bras and bralettes are the two members of the vast lingerie world that need to be given the attention they deserve. This post will help you know all about sports bras and bralettes, how they are different and similar to one another in their usage and support.
What Is A Bralette And Its Uses?
A bralette is a more relaxed and casual version of a bra. It provides coverage and comes with removable pads. The designs and patterns are numerous when it comes to bralettes. They look sassy and elegant even if they are worn all alone. They are fashionable and trendy in terms of their neckline and strappy details.
Bralettes can also be understood as a mix between a crop top and a sports bra. You can ditch your regular bra and wear a bralette that is a much comfier option, non-constricting and provides necessary coverage for your breasts. They are also mostly made of comfortable and breathable material so they can become your go-to option for everyday casual wear.
Image Credit: Pinterest
When it comes to the usability of a bralette, there are many. They can be worn underneath your clothing as well as just as it is as a sexy crop top. They are great for layering underneath a jacket or a blazer which will give you a confident boss lady feels. Those who want little support can go for the padded bralettes and flaunt their curves. Bralettes are available for all sizes of women and no matter what size you are there’s a bralette for you.
What Is A Sports Bra And Its Uses?
A sports bra we all know is meant to be worn while doing sports activities like fuming, playing a sport, running, or even yoga. Breasts are sensitive and need to be protected while doing physical exercises or workouts. Sports bras are necessary to wear during all these physical activities because they hold your breasts in place that prevents injury and soreness that may result from the up and down motion in the breasts.
Based on the type of workout sports bras comes in three variants that provide different supports.
• Low Impact Sports Bras: For workouts like Yoga or meditation you don’t need much support as there is no to little movement in the breasts and low impact sports bras are ideal for this.
• Medium-Impact Sports Bras: These provide support to the breasts to restrict excessive movement that could result in injury. These come with removable pads and are ideal for workouts like running.
• High Impact Sports Bras: They provide coverage and encapsulation of the breasts to restrict the movement during physically strenuous exercises and hence ideal for maximum support.
Image Credit: Nia Instagram Handle
Differences Between a Sports Bra and a Bralette
The differences between a sports bra and a bralette cannot be ignored. Below are listed some of them to help you understand them better:
• A sports bra is heavily padded which is necessary to fulfill its function of supporting the breasts and holding them in place. A bralette comes with no or removable padding and you choose however you want to wear it.
• Sports bras are worn while working out and can be worn underneath your workout wear or on their own. While bralettes with their beautiful designs and patterns are meant to be seen when you wear them.
• Sports bras that are heavy-duty ones are made for vigorous activities while for activities like yoga you can opt for a bralette instead of a sports bra as this activity doesn’t cause much movement in the breasts.
Image Credit: Pinterest
Similarities Between a Sports Bra and a Bralette
Despite the differences between a sports bra and a bralette, they both have a similarity that they are stylish to wear. They elevate your boring regular outfit. A sports bra looks so sassy while providing support during a workout. With the zipper in front and racerback in the back, it makes you look and feel confident in yourself.
Image Credit: Pinterest
Both the sports and the bralette are ideal to wear in summers. Sports bras are made up of breathable material and absorb perspiration. Bralettes also provide comfort and breathability. There you know all the things you need to know about a sports bra and a bralette. Choose for yourself between the two keeping all the aspects in mind and according to your need and comfort. Both have their place in the lingerie world that has something to offer for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
#1 Can You Wear Bralettes as Bras?
Yes, you can experiment wearing bralettes as regular bras. They come in several designs & patterns with a beautiful neckline and help you look sassy. If you are concerned about the nip slip, we recommend you consider using stick-ons.
#2 Do Bralettes Cause Sagging?
Sagging of breasts is a natural process that can’t be averted. However, if you wear the right supportive bra, you can reduce the chances of breasts sagging at an early age. Wearing a bralette does not cause sagging at all, it is a myth that needs to be busted right away.