Before we go into something, it’s necessary to understand specifically what the definition of a cyberattack is and to understand what it’s not. “An attempt to gain illegal access to a computer or computer system for the purpose of causing damage or harm.” So, this basically means that people are gaining access to computer systems to steal, use, and manipulate data. Before you will select the cybersecurity gadgets to best suits your needs, you wish to understand why you need them?
What are some examples of cyberattacks?
- IoT-Based Attack
- Phishing Attack
- Cloud Hacking
- Malware Attacks
- SQL Injection Attacks
- Artificial Intelligence
How cyberattacks affect you and life on a large scale?
We rely on internet. Society depends on the internet. It’s in practically every aspects of our lives. we tend to even use it to create new friends. And whereas that’s great, it makes us vulnerable. Think of how much information you keep on yours laptop, and how much information other companies keep about you on their networks. Back within the day? People had to work to get your information. You kept it in your head or written down on a piece of paper you hid within the back of your table drawer. You didn’t need a million passwords for everything.
There is so much more we could cover about cyberattacks, but we’ve given you a great deal to digest and terrify you. Never fear, there are ways in which you will defend yourself. Sure, you can’t control what others and companies do, but there are steps you can take.
Some of the steps are basic, and a few need a bit maintenance. However they are achievable and low cost, if not free.
- Use strong passwords. It seems pretty basic, but you’d be surprised just how many people still take the easy way out.
- Keep your software updated. The updates happen for a reason. Yes, it’s a pain to have to do it sometimes, but would you rather take a few minutes (or longer…) to protect yourself with that update, or let it go and get infected by a virus?
- Use some sort of antivirus software on your computer. Chances are, you’ve heard of Internet Security Suites like Norton.
- Don’t leave your social media wide open. It seems simple, but the amount of people who have their information on social media is astounding.
- Don’t participate in online memes/games that are designed to phish for your personal information. Things that ask for your first pet’s name, your mother’s maiden name, the street you grew up on… These are all designed to get answers to common security questions.
We’ve covered a lot, but the good thing is, we have suggestions for you.
Google Titan Security Key Kit Computer Lock adds protection
The devices enclosed within the Google Titan Security Key Kit PC Lock offer an additional level of information protection. This set includes a USB security key, Bluetooth security key, USB-C to USB-A adapter, and small USB to USB-A cable. The USB device acts as a PC key, whereas the Bluetooth one works with iOS and Android devices. Every Titan product may be a tiny device that matches right your keychain, creating it a straightforward everyday carry item.
Stronghodl Cryptocurrency Storage keeps your keyphrases secure
Block hackers and snoopers with the Vektor Advanced Wi-Fi Network Security Device. Featuring an all-in-one design, the Vektor offers protection from hackers and malware with an advanced smart firewall and intrusion detection system. Blocking ads and web tracking, its built in VPN router allows you to increase VPN protection to devices like your smart TV that can’t run VPN software package. Vektor protects your smart devices from hackers and detects malware infections weeks or even months before traditional antivirus programs and firewalls.
Mudi 4G LTE Privacy Router is great for internet security while you’re traveling
Blockchain Router Decentralized Internet Device makes you anonymous
HELLO 2 Encrypted Video Communication Device lets you video chat securely
If you like to keep track of these technologies, simply follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and, or head to my website for many more in depth articles on these topics. Read other Articles.